Home > HelpConsole 2010 > How to Insert a Camtasia Studio Video
How to Insert a Camtasia Studio Video
Camtasia produces various video formats, but one of the most popular formats is .swf with a supporting .mp4 file. Here's how to upload the video and insert it into a page:
1. Login as admin.
2. Select the page that you want to add the video to.
3. Click 'Edit Page'
4. Click the 'Flash Manager' icon on the toolbar (expand first if needed)
5. Click the 'upload' tab.
6. Click the 'select' button and then select the .swf file
7. Click select in the next box down and select the .mp4 file
8. Click 'upload'
9. After uploading, select the .swf file and then click the 'insert' button.
10. After the video is inserted, resize it as desired.
11. Click the 'Save' button to save the page and switch to live mode.
Note: if you want to enable full screen mode, you’ll need to switch to HTML view and insert the parameter: <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/>
Can't Upload .MP4
Note: If the upload dialog does not show .mp4 as an allowed file extension, you can add it by doing the following:
1. Use a text editor such as Notepad to edit the file: “c:\program files\helpconsole 2010\_engine\default_project.aspx”
2. Search for the text “FlashManager-SearchPatterns”
3. Add “*.mp4” to the “FlashManager-SearchPatterns” attribute
4. Now, when you open the ‘flash manager’, you’ll be able to upload both .swf and .mp4 files.