Home > HelpConsole 2008 > How to Support Right-to-Left Text
How to Support Right-to-Left Text
HelpConsole 2008 supports Unicode lanauges such as Arabic and Hebrew, however doesn’t have support for ‘right to left’ text built-in. This can be accomplished, however by doing the following:
1. Using a text editor such as Notepad, open the file: c:\program files\helpconsole 2008\_engine\page.aspx
2. Replace the existing <HTML> tag with <HTML DIR="RTL"> (as shown below)
3. The page content for all help systems will then be shown in ‘right-to-left’ format.
Also, there is a way to configure specific elements within the skin to be ‘right to left’. For example to make the search text box entry right to left, do the following:
1. Login as ‘admin’
2. Click ‘Edit Skin’ in the skin list
3. Click the <> icon to switch to html view
4. Look for the <input> tag with the ID “txtsearch”
5. Add a <span> tag to the textbox and include the “DIR=RTL” attribute (as shown below)
<span DIR="RTL"><INPUT style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #aab9ca 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #aab9ca 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f4ec; WIDTH: 175px; HEIGHT: 19px; BORDER-TOP: #aab9ca 1px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #aab9ca 1px solid" id=txtsearch name=txtsearch></span>
Note: the contents treeview cannot be configured to be displayed right to left.